[linux-audio-user] Vsound is no more

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Vsound is no more
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 07:01:05 EET

Hi all,

It is with regret that I have to inform you that I will not longer be
maintaining Vsound.

From the web page ( http://www.zip.com.au/~erikd/vsound/ )

    October 27th, 2002

    Although I have maintained vsound for nearly three years, I can no
    longer do so, nor can I continue to make it available from this web
    site.

    I live in Australia which has a law (Digital Agenda Bill 2000) which
    is similar to the DCMA in the US in that it makes the distribution
    of a devices for circumventing copyright protection illegal. I have
    neither the time, money or inclination to make myself a possible
    target for such legal action by companies with endless legal and
    financial resources.

    However, vsound is probaly available from other web sites. If you
    want a copy, you should search the web. Do not email me as I cannot
    and will not provide you with a copy.

I will however continue working on other Linux audio software such as
libsndfile and Secret Rabbit Code.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
The Earth is around 70% water. Fish rule the seas.
Humans are over 90% water. It's only a matter of time.