[linux-audio-user] new Debian user

Subject: [linux-audio-user] new Debian user
From: Laura Conrad (lconrad_AT_laymusic.org)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 17:06:29 EET

I just fixed my Mandrake RPM problems by installing Debian (woody).
Right now, I don't have any sound apps working.

What's the best way to go about it? I have an SB-Live soundcard, and
need to be able to play MIDI files, and record sound. (Usually via
timidity and ecasound, although I've used other apps as well.)

Is compiling Alsa CVS the right thing to do, or is there something
easy to do with apt-get that would get me going until I had something
I really needed the Alsa CVS for?

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad_AT_laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574