Re: [linux-audio-user] Vsound is no more

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Vsound is no more
From: iriXx (m_AT_irixx.org)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 15:07:03 EET

great! so far there are at least three mirrors then, as far as i know...
peter clay and i believe julian midgely are the others...
we've successfully established through debate on the campaign for
digital rights mailing list that vsound is *not* a circumvention device
under s296 of the UK copyright act... because it cannot be established
that Real Audio streams are a form of 'copyright protection' - imho its
a convenience measure for saving bandwidth... but ianal and ymmv (to
cram as many acronyms into one sentence)....
i hope this might bring some more hope for vsound development... but int
the meantime we'll continue our mirrors....

Joern - what is the current legal situation in Germany at the moment
with regard to circumvention devices / copyright law?... i gather the
German EUCD will be a lot more lenient than the UK version...

feel free to take this off-list if its a wee bit OT....

best
m~

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom? info_AT_copyleftmedia.org.uk www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

_ ( ) ascii ribbon against html email X / \ cat /dev/sda1 > /dev/dsp

*** stopping make sense ***