Re: [Re: [linux-audio-user] building the dream Linux music box]

Subject: Re: [Re: [linux-audio-user] building the dream Linux music box]
From: Joseph Zitt (jzitt_AT_metatronpress.com)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 09:21:19 EET

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 13:39:23 -0800 (PST)
Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano <nando_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

> From what I have heard you need to have the original windows firmware
> for the Oxygen (which is somewhere in the windows driver). AFAIK
> Midiman does not provide the firmware (or authorize its use?), but I
> have not yet looked at the driver cdrom. Once you have the firmware
> it should be possible to download it to the keyboard in the same way
> the firmware for the Midisport 1x1 or 2x2 is downloaded...

Hmm... My laptop dual-boots into Windows 98 (under which the Oxygen 8
works OK) and Linux. I've found that, to use my UA-30 Audio Interface, I
have to boot first into Windows (which, as I understand it,
automatically downloads the firmware to the UA-30) then warm-boot into
Linux. Might the same be true for the Oxygen 8? If so, might I be able
to find some info from the setup or from my Windows cdrom that could
help you?

I have looked at the USB MIDI Interfaces Nano HOWTO on Planet CCRMA, but
am not sure if it would help or hurt to try what it suggests for the
Midisports with the Oxygen 8 (as I recall, you had said that the drivers
and firmware were different), so haven't tried what it suggests yet.

--
| josephzitt_AT_josephzitt.com                 http://www.josephzitt.com/ |
| http://www.metatronpress.com/jzitt/   http://www.mp3.com/josephzitt/ |