[linux-audio-user] linux audio on Gentoo

Subject: [linux-audio-user] linux audio on Gentoo
From: Jason Thompson (jason_AT_museunlimited.com)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 21:55:15 EET

There was a recent discussion here about people using Debian. Frustrated
with RedHat, I almost went with Debian, but Gentoo caught my eye. So far
I'm really happy with it, though I'm having some difficulties getting
Ardour set up. The great thing about Gentoo is that you compile and
optimize the entire distro on your computer. The performance boost
between Redhat 8.0 (my old distro) and Gentoo is easily noticeable. Plus
their optimized kernel includes the low-latency patches.

Are there any other Gentoo users out there? If so, I'd be interested in
setting up a Gentoo-specific audio listserv to avoid flooding this list
with distro-specific issues. Anyone else interested? (Of course I'll
remain a loyal linux-audio-user subscriber!)