[linux-audio-user] Gentoo users

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Gentoo users
From: Jason Thompson (jason_AT_museunlimited.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 01:29:25 EET

Nice to hear that others have put together viable systems on Gentoo.
Just one note of clarification--I've managed to compile ardour, but I
can't start it up because it's looking for the ardour_ui.rc file in the
default place (/usr/local/music/src/ardour) which isn't created with the
ebuild. In fact, ardour_ui.rc doesn't seem to exist anywhere on my
system. Do you have to build it yourself. If so how? I can't find any
documentation.

I'm also running the Vanilla kernal. Glad to hear that I'm not the only
one who had difficulties with the gentoo kernel.

It would be great to put together some music/sound ebuilds for gentoo.
Although I'm an intermediate Linux user, I'm not much of a programmer so
I'd be happy to volunteer my writing abilities for documentation.