Re: [linux-audio-user] Gentoo users

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Gentoo users
From: Jesse Chappell (jesse_AT_essej.net)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 03:53:18 EET

On 18 Nov 2002, Jason Thompson wrote:

> Nice to hear that others have put together viable systems on Gentoo.
> Just one note of clarification--I've managed to compile ardour, but I
> can't start it up because it's looking for the ardour_ui.rc file in the
> default place (/usr/local/music/src/ardour) which isn't created with the
> ebuild. In fact, ardour_ui.rc doesn't seem to exist anywhere on my
> system. Do you have to build it yourself. If so how? I can't find any
> documentation.

I have not seen the ebuild, but the ardour_ui.rc file can be found at the
top-level of the ardour source tree. You can check-out the file from CVS
by following the instruction on the ardour.sourceforge.net site, and
on the 'cvs ... co' line use the module 'ardour/ardour_ui.rc' and
only it will be checked out.

jlc