Re:[linux-audio-user] fx rack and apps

Subject: Re:[linux-audio-user] fx rack and apps
From: Jesse Chappell (jesse_AT_essej.net)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 18:48:32 EET

Patrick Shirkey wrote on Thu, 28-Nov-2002:

> What applications have people used that can provide rock solid fx
> processing in realtime through the line input (not an internally created
> stream)?

Ecasound has treated me well, and its scriptability is hard
to beat.

> I would really like to get one of my machines to be an fx rack.

I've done this with a 1U-chassis, including an LCD front panel
with buttons. I've used it on stage in my bass rig's effects chain...
some custom interface software (python) around an ecasound core,
running with a 64 sample buffersize rock-solid (for most effects)
with a cheap ens1371. The primary UI is a midi foot-controller
(Rolls MidiWizard), but I still use the front-panel for some
things.

I will put up an info page about the hardware and software I'm
using "really soon now".

jlc