Re: [linux-audio-user] Big professional tiMIDIty patchset.. Any interrest ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Big professional tiMIDIty patchset.. Any interrest ?
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 04:00:46 EET

Roel de Wit wrote:

> Basically my questions are:
> - If you are a MIDI enthusiast of any form are you interrested in such a
> product if it truly stands out. With interrested I mean, would you be
> willing to buy it it would be developed ?

Yes. As long as it installs itself.

> - Any other suggestions where to ask for interrest in a project like this
> (e.g. regarding sequencers which use tiMIDIty etc..) ?

MusE, Rosegarden

> - Would you be interrested in beta-testing this product if it ever is made
> (send a PM) ?

Yes.

> ... and last but not least:
> - Can anybody tell me what is and what is not correctly supported currently
> in tiMIDIty regarding SF2 files (we are trying to decide between the .PAT
> and .SF2 format). I've done some tests which have not been too promising
> with the SF2 format but I'm still considering it since .PAT files only allow
> single layered (mono) instruments.

Takashi?

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman