Re: [linux-audio-user] Any MIDI apps that don't suck?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Any MIDI apps that don't suck?
From: Chris Cannam (cannam_AT_all-day-breakfast.com)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 11:58:00 EET

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Chris Cannam wrote:
>>I think your real problem is that we haven't provided any user
>>documentation for anything except the notation editor yet.
>
> Quicktoot anyone?

Well, it might be handy, but really if we had time to provide a
coherent brain dump we ought to have time to write some help text:
even bad help text would be better than none, as it can also be
edited afterwards. We have help already, it just only covers the
notation editor.

What might be more handy would be a tutorial from someone other
than the developers ("this is how I achieved task X that I set
out to do"), particularly if reviewed by one or more developers
so we could point out places where things might have been done
more easily another way.

Chris