Re: [linux-audio-user] Playback slow from burned CD's

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Playback slow from burned CD's
From: Speaker to Vegetables (speaker-to-vegetables_AT_pobox.com)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 18:19:45 EET

The 44100 Hz sample rate is absolutely the only one ever used for CD's,
but high end audio cards like the Hammerfall tend to be more flexible.
So probably a bug or misconfiguration of the audio card or driver is
causing the wavs to be recorded (and played back) at a faster sample
rate. "arecord" thinks it is getting 44100 Hz data, so that's what it
puts in the header, but it is evidently mistaken. "cdrecord" only knows
what is in the header, so it doesn't realize the data is at the wrong
sample rate. Look for a way to tell the Hammerfall what sample rate to
use, either a module option, ALSA config file option, or a
Hammerfall-specific utility program. Sorry to be so vague, but I've
reached (if not passed) the limit of my knowledge.

--
"Can you remember the future? Forget it!"