Re: [linux-audio-user] [pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com: snd-usb-audio and Midiman Oxygen]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com: snd-usb-audio and Midiman Oxygen]
From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano (nando_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 21:46:31 EET

> > You mean the small keyboard? (Oxygen8). If so, yes, I managed to get it
> > to work using the Midiman firmware, there was a post with a URL sometime
> > ago on how to unpack the firmware from the Windows drivers but I don't
> > have the URL here.
>
> I already got that, thanks. It's
> http://www.informatik.uni-halle.de/~ladischc/midisport_linux_firmware.html
>
> In my previous message, you can see that I got as far
> as getting the firmware to load when the keyboard's plugged in,
> and getting the alsa usb-audio module to load; but despite
> all that, I can't seem to get any MIDI signal.
> Can you send me your modules.conf, anything
> you added to the /etc/hotplug stuff, and anything else you
> had to do to get this to work?

What I did is documented in a small HOWTO that is part of the Planet
CCRMA pages (http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/).
What's there works for the GPL firmware but the same setup was used to
test the Oxygen8

> To quote from my earlier message:
>
> > > $ cat /proc/asound/cards
> > > 0 [Delta66 ]: ICE1712 - M Audio Delta 66
> > > M Audio Delta 66 at 0xe000, irq 16
> > > 2 [virmidi ]: VirMIDI - VirMIDI
> > > Virtual MIDI Card 1

It does not look like you have the snd-usb-audio module loaded, of if it
is, then the firmware download must have failed. I don't have the
keyboard with me right now to be able to test.

I'm looking at your previous email and it does not look like the
firmware download was successfull (in /var/log/messages). There should
be a reconnect from the device after the download where the keyboard
comes back online as a different usb device (this time with midi
capabilities) but I don't see that in the logs you sent.

-- Fernando