Re: [linux-audio-user] [pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com: snd-usb-audio and Midiman Oxygen]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com: snd-usb-audio and Midiman Oxygen]
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 02:19:50 EET

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 11:46:31AM -0800, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> It does not look like you have the snd-usb-audio module loaded, of if it
> is, then the firmware download must have failed. I don't have the
> keyboard with me right now to be able to test.
>
> I'm looking at your previous email and it does not look like the
> firmware download was successfull (in /var/log/messages). There should
> be a reconnect from the device after the download where the keyboard
> comes back online as a different usb device (this time with midi
> capabilities) but I don't see that in the logs you sent.

You were correct. After investigating a bit
I discovered that I had forgotten one crucial step:
I had not mounted /proc/bus/usb!!!
I added this to my /etc/fstab:

none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0

... then I did mount /proc/bus/usb, then re-connected the Oxygen8
and ... SUCCESS! I now have midi input.

Thanks for helping me get on the right track!

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com "Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"