Re: [linux-audio-user] Acid for Linux ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Acid for Linux ?
From: Jesse Chappell (jesse_AT_essej.net)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 00:15:33 EET

Tim Mayberry wrote on Wed, 11-Dec-2002:

> > Mark is correct, the tempo-support just lets you define tempo
> > and meter changes within a session... you can snap regions based
> > on this info, however there is *no* direct support for pitch or
> > time-stretching the audio in ardour.
>
> Could make two audiotracks and have the output of one feeding the input of
> the other, then change the speed of the diskstream while recording to the
> second audiotrack? or is that what you mean by no direct support.

Well, right.... I suppose doing varispeed on the track
combined with a pitch scaling plugin would sort of do it...
but setting all that up is still a very manual process in ardour.
Not that it has to be :)

> I would of thought the paintbrush idea wouldn't be that hard to implement in
> ardour, just make a new MouseMode and have whatever region is highlighted in
> the region list inserted at the frame corresponding to the point at which the
> mouse is clicked. But I guess it's more complicated than that. I haven't used
> acid since version 1.0 or perhaps 2.0 so I'm not entirely sure how it works.

Well, it may be just that easy. Having a mouse-mode like that
could make the region inserting process a little less painful.
But what else could that mouse mode do......

jlc