Re: [linux-audio-user] Turn-key Linux Audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Turn-key Linux Audio
From: kevin ernste (kevinernste_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 02:57:27 EET

http://lulu.esm.rochester.edu/kevine/turnkey/home.html

> There is a discussion about it on slashdot.

Thanks Tim -

I was in the midst of writing an announcement to the
linuxaudio users group this afternoon when somone
posted the package on Slashdot, the results of which
nearly brought down our entire subnet.

So, please have a look, but be nice until the slashdot
effect wears off, which has already begun.

Here's my intended announcement posting:

Hello -

I am happy to announce the first release of my
Turn-key linux audio installation package. I am
currently releasing it in two forms:

1. The COMPLETE installation bundle:

Including open-source music apps from nearly all
categories (editing, mixing, synthesis, etc), as well
as Eastman Computer Music Center-specific scripts,
utilities, tutorial examples, and templates and macros
for Csound, Score11, PVC, SMS, Vspace (an
ambisonic/multichannel tool). Installation is as easy
as executing a single script (./install.sh).

This first bundle is currently Mandrake 9.0 specific
and is ideally installed on top of a new installation.
 A listing of included apps as well as complete
installation/configuration instructions are available
within the tarball and at the website "explore" page.
Go to:

http://www.esm.rochester.edu/kevine/turnkey/

2. A smaller 'ECMC tools' bundle (not
Mandrake-specific):

Containing the Eastman Computer Music Center-specific
tools only -- homegrown scripts, utilities, tutorial
examples, and useful templates and macros for Csound,
PVC, and Vspace (these core apps are also
installed...Csound is downloaded and built at
installation time). A complete list can be found,
again, on the "explore" page.

In addition to applications, both packages include a
system of tcsh environment variables and aliases for
*nix audio workstations. See the "quickstart" guide
for a further introduction.

http://www.esm.rochester.edu/kevine/turnkey/quickstart.html

Kevin

kevine_AT_esm.rochester.edu