Re: [linux-audio-user] Mandrake system

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Mandrake system
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 19:11:21 EET

> In any case, the long term plan is to eventually offer
> a "urpmi" version

That's excellent news. When I first heard about your project, I couldn't see
the point of having another Planet CCRMA. But as you're basing it on
Mandrake, it offers a real choice.

I was considering Red Hat 8.0 for my music system, as a basis for either
ReHMudi or Planet CCRMA. But someone who sells distros on CD told me that the
Red Hat 8.0 EULA refers to an external document (on the Red Hat website)
which keeps changing, and so he felt uncomfortable about redistributing it as
free software.

I know that Debian is a safer choice in this regard, but I want to work with
something that a normal musician could use. I think it's fair to say that
Mandrake is further ahead when it comes to user friendliness.

Good luck

Daniel