Re: yes! solution! Re: [linux-audio-user] usb audio still foobar :-(

Subject: Re: yes! solution! Re: [linux-audio-user] usb audio still foobar :-(
From: kevin ernste (kevinernste_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 22:02:08 EET

> okay.... i have done so and it seems to be
> working... yes!!!!
> this seems to suggest that the devfs stuff which i
> got from mr. d r
> holsbeck worked great :) (it was his solution for
> his debian system,
> pasted into my modules.conf)...

Wow, I'm glad to know it was that easy. I honestly
thought this would take a few tries. You might think
about posting the results of this little trial of wits
so that others (including myself) might benfit from
how exactly you solved the rpm vs tarball troubles.

> turns out it doesnt matter as long as i reinstall
> alsa from tarball and
> then *dont* do ./snddevices.... the earlier run of
> it doesnt seem to
> have affected things negatively.....

Nice to know. Thanks

> thanks HEAPS for your help!
> now i can enjoy watching the DVD i bought of The
> Matrix... uhhhh and do
> some music work too ;-)

Glad to help. Happy music making (and playing).

Kevin