Re: [linux-audio-user] not quite so simple.... mandrake 9.0 +devfs help!!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] not quite so simple.... mandrake 9.0 +devfs help!!
From: Jonathan Kraut (jkraut1_AT_nyc.rr.com)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 20:02:13 EET

> guesses wrong. Does anyone know of a good explanation of devfs in
> general or alsa-devfs interaction in particular that I could read?

A very gentoo oriented answer, but maybe some help -

Do you have the following file: /etc/devfsd.conf
On my distro, gentoo, it controls how devfs behaves.
Also: man devfsd.conf may give you some help
A helpful online article (3 parts, here's a link to the fist)
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-fs4.html

good luck
-j

--------