Re: [linux-audio-user] The Open Loop Library, a few questions

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] The Open Loop Library, a few questions
From: Darren Landrum (consul_AT_studioconsul.net)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 16:44:29 EET

On Friday, December 20, 2002, at 07:18 AM, Steve Harris wrote:

> Dedicated clients are bad, this can be made to work in a browser
> easily.

Thank you for the reply.

That's one vote for a browser instead of a client. Like I said
previously, it would be best to make all of this work server-side
before really starting on a client. However, like I also said
previously, it seems to me that a client could really be a killer app,
if it's done correctly. It would, however, not be required.

> It wouldn't be hard to add a script to the server to make it produce
> preview versions of the file.

That was my thought as well. Best to do as much as possible on the
server side, I think.

> I can donate bandwidth, server space, metadata and/or database
> experience,
> but not much time :(

That's the second offer to help. :) Thank you.

Since this is in planning, I think database and metadata experience
would be valuable. We can worry about bandwidth and server space for
mirrors when there's a beta of the system ready to deploy.

I have a two-week shutdown at work that I have to make my way through,
starting on Monday. I had hoped to spend that time in Michigan with
family, but if for some reason (involving the recent purchase of a
home) that doesn't happen, I'll have plenty of time to work on this.

I would also like to thank everyone for their support and ideas. This
is something that could really take off. Exciting, isn't it? :)

Regards,
Darren Landrum