Re: [linux-audio-user] Gentoo users?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Gentoo users?
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 19:55:11 EET

Hi,

I've just built a gentoo-ppc box and have alsa running
with the ice1712 driver. I like the idea of learning
to do things the gentoo way if it means that I am
working with the latest CVS which seems to be the
case. Correct?

I see KEYWORDS="x86" is specified in the ebuilds for
jack-cvs and ardour-cvs. Has anyone successfully built
these apps on gentoo-ppc? If yes, should
KEYWORDS="ppc"?

I'm guessing 'emerge jack' could be simple enough and
the key to 'emerge ardour' is to compare the Ardour
requirements with the result of 'emerge -p ardour'.

If anyone's got suggestions or experience they'd care
to share, I'd appreciate hearing about them.

Ron