Re: [linux-audio-user] The Open Loop Library, a few questions

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] The Open Loop Library, a few questions
From: Darren Landrum (consul_AT_studioconsul.net)
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 17:08:57 EET

On Sunday, December 22, 2002, at 07:42 AM, Vincent Touquet wrote:

> Good point.
>
> Maybe we should only serve loops that fall under
> a usable creative commons license
> [http://www.creativecommons.org/].
>
> Its not interesting to serve loops on which
> the original owner wants to exercise copyright
> on anyway, because then its not exactly an
> open loop library anymore.

Oh, I see what you're saying now. I still need to have my morning cup
of coffee, so I'm a little slow. :)

Indeed, part of the metadata should contain the license (which was
added to the list by Paul in a previous post), and the license should
meet a minimum "openness" standard before it can be accepted.

I've actually been keeping a close eye on the Creative Commons in
relation to another project I've been involved with (but not at liberty
yet to speak about, because I didn't start it). I think creating a
selection of CC licenses and having them available to choose from would
be the way to go, the same way SourceForge allows you to choose from a
list of licenses (or at least, that's how I understand it works).

Regards,
Darren Landrum