[linux-audio-user] ams segmentation fault

Subject: [linux-audio-user] ams segmentation fault
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (eric_AT_zhevny.com)
Date: Sun Dec 29 2002 - 04:47:34 EET

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> I can now start jackd as root and
> then start ams -j. Sorry I didn't think of this earlier. :-\
>
> Adding /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and running ldconfig as Steve
> suggested allows ams to find libjack.so.0 (I really should have
> remembered that piece, too).
>
> Now that I have it running I'll go finish reading the ams documentation
> and figure out how to use it. :)

hmm... I perhaps spoke too soon.

I had ams working yesterday on one box (at the office)... But, now I
can't seem to get it working at home. It seems to compile fine, but when
i try to start it:

box1:/home/eric/audio_code/ams-1.5.5# ./ams
Segmentation fault
box1:/home/eric/audio_code/ams-1.5.5# ./ams -j
Segmentation fault

It doesn't matter if jackd is running or not. Either way it seg
faults...

What could cause this?

What information should I provide to help sort this out?

Thanks,
Eric Rz.