Re: [linux-audio-user] What wave-editor to use for voice removal?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] What wave-editor to use for voice removal?
From: Brian Redfern (bredfern_AT_calarts.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 21:15:53 EET

Checkout the Planet CCRMA site,
http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/
I got the ccrma rpm's all working on both my laptop and desktop
workstations last week and now I've got all my latency issues worked
out. Turned out the laptop needed the acpi rpms, and the desktop needed to
lose the midiman audiophile card and go back to using my soundblaster live
card. Turned out that ice1792 based cards are super irq hungry, so I was
getting xruns on jack every couple of seconds with the audiophile, but
when I traded it out for my sb live, the xruns went away for the most part
(only once every twenty minutes or so). Anyone else have any better
results with the audiophile? From what I read on the alsa wiki it looks
like its just intrinisically irq hungry, but perhaps my windows using
buddy would be able to use it ok with asio?

http://www.brianredfern.org