Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] swh-plugins 0.3.4

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] swh-plugins 0.3.4
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 19:45:09 EET

Thanks for the great plugins, Steve!

I've got a question for you about Dyson Compress. It appears to compress and
normalise in one go - is that right?

Setting compression to 1.0 I would expect to get no compression at all, ie 1:1
compression. Instead I'm getting the compression effect I want, but I just
can't understand the parameters! Is the compression value the ratio of input
to output level expressed as a decimal?

One compressor plugin I used (I think it was Cool Edit Pro) used a line graph
of input level versus output level. 1:1 compression was therefore a straight
diagonal line at 45 degrees. You could bend the curve with the mouse to get
the exact compression curve you wanted.

Cheers

Daniel