Re: [linux-audio-user] A level meter to test

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] A level meter to test
From: Guy Clotilde (guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 20:16:35 EET

On/le Tue, 7 Jan 2003 12:16:43 +0000
Steve Harris <S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote / a écrit quelque
chose comme:

> You could try jack.
>
> - Steve

Thanks for the advice. Should I say that jack frightens me? I read l-a-u mailing list since monthes (years maybe) and have tried installing lot of tar.gz. Lots were unsuccesful attemps and some were succesful (ecasound, alsa-driver) but so much _time_ fighting with... dependencies' hell! I'm really looking for standalone apps, not a big thing as jack seems to be, even if it seems really nice. To put an analogy, I find KDE really full-featured, but I prefer small apps (gtk by taste). Don't take it bad, I just wanted a _nice_ vumeter, but I can stay with nrecord as it worked out of the box.

Cheers.

Guy CLO~

Ah, I don't remember if I said it before, but in case of:
Happy new year everyone, full of linux, music, and whatever you want.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/index.html