Re: [linux-audio-user] signal processing kits

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] signal processing kits
From: Jaakko Prättälä (Jaakko.Prattala_AT_helsinki.fi)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 00:07:26 EET

On Sunday 12 January 2003 20:55, Fabio de Matos wrote:

> command line mode ( matlab like ), but is based in low level code ( c or
> c++ ), and block based signal chain. I wish i could find some kind of
> front end to any standard plugin types.

I'd use Python ( www.python.org ). It has many scientific 3rd party
expansions, can be extended with C/C++ and can
be operated from a command line.
You can quickly and easily implement your very own block based signal
chain since it's an object-oriented language.
Python syntax is not exactly
like matlab (whereas octave is really a matlab-clone),
but Python is _very_ easy to learn. With the Numerical Python
package you can do matlab-like matrix operations.

Haven't tried it, but ecasound has
a Python interface, maybe you could use
that to get audio plugins working?

--