Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] swh-plugins 0.3.4

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] swh-plugins 0.3.4
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 18:00:02 EET

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 02:55:48PM +0000, Daniel James wrote:
> Ideally, an effect should be as easy to understand and use as a guitar pedal
> or rack unit with three or four knobs on. Just labels like 'more' and 'less'
> could make all the difference.

Yes, but without metadata theres no way for LADSPA to express this.
Currently only jack-rack can read LADSPA metadata.

> A related request - could the names of the SC series be changed to Simple
> Compressor 1, 2, 3 etc for the benefit of users with drop-down LADSPA menus?
> If you hadn't told me that SC was a compressor I might never have found it...

That's because your host wasn't categorising them. It doesn't stand for
Simple Compressor BTW, the're anything but.

I was poking fun at Wave's Cn series compressors, and never got round to
naming them.

- Steve