Re: [linux-audio-user] feedback using usb-audio and mdk 9.0

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] feedback using usb-audio and mdk 9.0
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 12:49:00 EET

Taybin Rutkin wrote:
> On 15 Jan 2003, m wrote:
>

>>how do i go about dropping my agp speed? i cant seem to see anything in
>>my XF86Config that would do this... i'm running my quattro from an ibm
>>thinkpad 600E laptop, it has a NeoMagic 1024x786 flatpanel screen - i'm
>>using the drivers that X selected by default...
>

> I think such a thing is done in the BIOS.

Not neccessarily. It depends on what driver you are using. If it is an
nvidia vga then I can tell you how. If you have a different device I
haven't had the need to find out yet :)

First check with lspci what the vga device is. For example.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV15 (GeForce2
Pro) (rev a3)

If you have an nvidia (I'm not sure if mandrake bundle the drivers or
not) then providing you are using the nvidia modules.

lsmod

look for this line:

NVdriver 989952 10 (autoclean)

If not you should get the nvidia drivers from their site. Very easy to
install.

NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-2960.tar.gz NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2960.tar.gz

Then add this line to your /etc/modules.conf file:

alias char-major-195 NVdriver
         options NVdriver NVreg_ReqAGPRate=0x2

There is a full list of options for nvidia drivers in one of the tarballs.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman