Re: [linux-audio-user] feedback using usb-audio and mdk 9.0

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] feedback using usb-audio and mdk 9.0
From: wes schreiner (wes_AT_infosink.com)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 16:10:43 EET

Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> Taybin Rutkin wrote:
>
>> On 15 Jan 2003, m wrote:
>>

>>> how do i go about dropping my agp speed? i cant seem to see anything in
>>> my XF86Config that would do this... i'm running my quattro from an ibm
>>> thinkpad 600E laptop, it has a NeoMagic 1024x786 flatpanel screen - i'm
>>> using the drivers that X selected by default...
>>

>> I think such a thing is done in the BIOS.
>>

> Not neccessarily. It depends on what driver you are using. If it is an
> nvidia vga then I can tell you how. If you have a different device I
> haven't had the need to find out yet :)

When it is possible it is done in the X configuration. But all of this
is moot for m, as she has a ThinkPad 600E that runs at AGP 1X already.
And m, that's a NeoMagic 2200 chipset in your 600E (OK, NeoMagic calls
it a MagicMedia 256AV, but X calls it a neo2200).

I have no problems running a cheap Griffin iMic USB audio device on my
600E, and USB is sharing its interrupt with eth0. I'm running a
2.4.21-pre3-ac2 kernel on Debian stable, no low-latency patches.

wes