Re: [linux-audio-user] lightweight midi selector?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] lightweight midi selector?
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 17:08:07 EET

A solution I've found is to use vkeybd to select the patch, reverb, sustain
etc, then use aconnect to connect the external midi keyboard to the same
hardware output. When changing patches (called 'presets' in vkeybd) you have
to click on the virtual keyboard before the sound from the external keyboard
changes - but it works.

How should I record live midi input to audio? On the mixer for this SB Live,
there is no record button on the fader for pcm output, and no fader/record
button for synth output.

Cheers

Daniel