Re: [linux-audio-user] Terratec 24/96 slight speed adjustment

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Terratec 24/96 slight speed adjustment
From: Jan \ (eviltwin69_AT_cableone.net)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 04:57:40 EET

Jonathan,

        Here's the deal. You have mp3s/oggs at 44100 but your cards internal
clock is set to 48000. If you're using ALSA 0.9rc6 you're sort of
hosed. The quick answer is to run envy24control (from alsa-tools) and
set the internal clock (it defaults to 48000) to S/PDIF In and then set
it to 44100. If you try to set it directly to 44100 it won't take.
This bug is fixed in the latest ALSA CVS. You can download that and
build/install it. Set envy24control to where you want it (set out 1 and
2 to Digital Mix for no latency monitoring) then do alsactl store (as
root). You need to run alsactl restore on boot to go back to these
settings. Fun, fun, fun!

Jan