Re: [linux-audio-user] Terratec 24/96 slight speed adjustment

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Terratec 24/96 slight speed adjustment
From: Jonathan Turner (joturner_AT_vt.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 05:42:20 EET

On Thursday 16 January 2003 21:57, Jan \"Evil Twin\" Depner wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
> Here's the deal. You have mp3s/oggs at 44100 but your cards internal
> clock is set to 48000. If you're using ALSA 0.9rc6 you're sort of
> hosed. The quick answer is to run envy24control (from alsa-tools) and
> set the internal clock (it defaults to 48000) to S/PDIF In and then set
> it to 44100. If you try to set it directly to 44100 it won't take.
> This bug is fixed in the latest ALSA CVS. You can download that and
> build/install it. Set envy24control to where you want it (set out 1 and
> 2 to Digital Mix for no latency monitoring) then do alsactl store (as
> root). You need to run alsactl restore on boot to go back to these
> settings. Fun, fun, fun!
>
> Jan

Excellent! That seems to have fixed it, I tried setting that setting since I
saw it in the alsamixer utility, but since it wouldn't let met switch it
there I assumed it couldn't be changed.

Any other reasons to use the alsa cvs over the rc6 besides that bugfix? If
so, and there isn't any stability I might as well just move over to the cvs.

Thanks again(happily starts up a song or two)

Jonathan