Re: [linux-audio-user] Just how bad is USB audio?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Just how bad is USB audio?
From: iriXx (m@irixx.org)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 19:50:38 EET

just my 2 euros....

under GNU/Linux, you'll find you get more mileage out of usb audio than
you do under windows....

i'm running on a much lower spec system than yours - i use an m-audio
quattro usb module (4 in 4 out + midi) on a thinkpad 600e laptop,
pentium II 366Mhz... and 224Mb Ram... pretty modest - and it does just
fine :) if i had a higher spec system like yours doubtless i'd get a lot
better performace... but in general i'm very pleased with the use i get
out of the quattro for pro-audio composition and performance.

hth

m~

Dan Armak wrote:

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom? info@copyleftmedia.org.uk www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

_ ( ) ascii ribbon against html email X / \ cat /dev/sda1 > /dev/dsp

*** stopping make sense ***