RE: [linux-audio-user] Jackd and FIFO

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Jackd and FIFO
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht@controlnet.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 19:45:43 EET

It is not possible to run jackd as root and applications as a user, from
what I understand. All jack apps, including jackd, have to be run from the
same account.

jackd -R gives real-time support

jackd -R as a user is not allowed

jackstart -R allows the user to get real-time support

jackstart _may_ have been written by Fernando at the Planet. I am not sure.
Once I heard this, but I'm not sure.

jackstart is a requirement for me to run jack just from a usage point of
view. I won't have all these apps running as root.

This also require the appropriate kernel, but we've been over that already.

Cheers,
Mark