Re: [linux-audio-user] Sound on Sound, and Home Recording Magazine

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Sound on Sound, and Home Recording Magazine
From: Rick Taylor (ricktaylor@speakeasy.net)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 16:59:34 EET

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 08:50, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:

> not licenses for the operating system. In the case of Cubase... well,
> it seems a replaceable option, without much pity (sorry to Cubase fans
> out there!). ;)

 That sort of isolates the linux community from a largish percentage of
 the audio community, no?

 ...That would mean platform wars and high school kids beating each
other up in the hallways because someone dares to mention that Nautilus
is better than explorer... and... there would be tons and tons of text
spilt in netwide platform wars over the simple idea that "my editor's
better than your editor" {granted it would be really really pleasant but
it's not going to get any real cooperation going and... once again...
linux will be left with a small percentage of the audio community, folk
will develop prejudices and start to "HATE" poor defenseless software
because of the label on its libraries, development will slow drastically
because of the lack of halfway qualified users {bug report senders, beta
testers, ideas, code snippets, the like...} and because of the fact that
folk will be spending half of their time on-line wading through textual
casualties and sidestepping wordy battles and folk will be ripping each
other off in the "holy" name of competition and no-one will be playing
nice and no one will really benefit aside from rabble rousers and petit
tyrants and it will simply screw the whole thing up for those folk that
really care about it at all.}

--
Rick Taylor <ricktaylor@speakeasy.net>
The Dispossessed