[linux-audio-user] Need help - hardware recommendations

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Need help - hardware recommendations
From: Bryan Koschmann - GKT (gktnews_AT_gktech.net)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 20:44:23 EET

Hello,

I'm a bit of a newbie (okay, REALLY newbie) when it comes to working with
audio, but I am a strong linux user.

Basically, I have the following:

2 - instrument microphone (XLR)
1 - vocal microphone (XLR)
1 - keyboard w/ midi interface

I want to do some multitrack recording, using anywhere fmro 2-4 of the
above items at once. I am getting ready to start building a dedicated box
for this. So, what kind of hardware should I be looking at? I'm looking
for something somewhat inexpensive (RME Hammerfall was about $600, Midiman
delta 1010 LT was closer to $700, both too much).

Also, should I be looking at any additional items like a mixing board,
amplifiers and such? I would greatly appreciate any ideas, thoughts,
hints, pointers, links!

Thank you in advance,

        Bryan

P.S. I know it seems like a lot for a "newbie", but I just like doing
things right the first time.