Re: [linux-audio-user] Non-low latency "playing around"

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Non-low latency "playing around"
From: Lonnie Borntreger (audio_AT_borntreger.com)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 00:47:07 EET

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 16:09, Jan "Evil Twin" Depner wrote:
> Lonnie,
>
> You don't really need to build the low-latency kernel to run Ardour but
> you do need to upgrade a number of things that may effect your system to
> build it. I'm thinking specifically of the autoconf/automake/gettext
> stuff although there are probably a few others
> (http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69/ALSA_JACK_ARDOUR.html covers the
> rest). Planet CCRMA
> (http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/) will give you a
> pretty good rundown on not only Ardour but a bunch of other packages as
> well.

That is all taken care of. I've previously built ardour, but when I
started jackd with settings I saw somewhere (don't actually remember, it
was a while ago), and then started ardour, the system did a hard crash.
I'm assuming I tried something that a normal user wasn't supposed to do,
especially without a low-latency kernel.

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger