[linux-audio-user] Using Terratec DMX 6Fire

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Using Terratec DMX 6Fire
From: Sergi Roig (odorono2_AT_hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 15:27:41 EET

Hi,

I'm new to the list so... hi to all. I decided to migrate 100% to linux from
windows recently, just because I did't want to depend on commercial software
anymore. I checked those hundreds of projects at sourceforge / freshmeat,
and though that would fit my needs. I didn't say it would be easy though...
:-P Mainly, besides normal desktop applications (OpenOffice, internet
browser, and so on), I use my computer to transfer my old vynils to CD. My
soundcard is a Terratec DMX 6Fire 24/96, which is exactly what I need (high
resolution recording + preamplified phono input); the problem is that I
can't manage to find out how the envy24control and alsamixer work. I don't
know how to select the phono input for recording, and usually when I play
music (even a CD or mp3 using xmms) it sounds distorted, kind of too
"saturated".

Is anyone using the same card? Would anyone give me a hand please? Thanks!

Sergi