Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: My Edirol UA-20 arrived, but now I have a big problem!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: My Edirol UA-20 arrived, but now I have a big problem!
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 21:01:18 EET

Hi Steve,
Steve Harris hat gesagt: // Steve Harris wrote:

> Yup, I've had ground loops on my dell when connecting to a projector
> and a mixer. Put a DI box between the laptop and amp or unplug from
> the mains :)

Seems I'm bitten really really hard by this ground loop problem, so
hard that I
a) am desperate and
b) might need to return the box and shell out 100 EUR more for
   a Quattro. But I'm not sure, if I get the ground loop again...

So I'd like to try a direct input box at first. Can you recommend a
device? Normally I only connect to my hifi amp, so cinch-cinch
connections would be fine. I did a bit of googling and found, that
passive DI boxes are the way to go in my situation. Or the Monacor
FGA-40, which is simply a cinch-cinch cable with a heavy ground filter
in the middle and is around 20 EUR.

OTOH, this one: http://www.interspaceind.co.uk/pcaudiobb.php, is way
too expensive...