Re: [linux-audio-user] Full Duplex woes

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Full Duplex woes
From: Rick Taylor (ricktaylor_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 11:40:50 EET

John Bleichert <syborg_AT_stny.rr.com> writes:
> On 25 Feb 2003, Rick Taylor wrote:

> > :} I'm trying to recompile the 2.4.18 kernel for k7 with xfs {do read the
> > howto if you decide to try this... it'll save you massive recovery time.}
> > and reiser as well as all of the patches for my hardware. {I'm in a
> > terminal} I've actually got it working... It's just not real stable. {x
> > doesn't seem to want to run with it {past the login, anyway...} Whether
> > that's the dregs of my old system or an actual problem with the kernel...
> > I don't know.
> >
>> Does anyone know of any diagnostic software that will help me find out what
>> the problem is?

> Are you trying to create an XFS root filesystem or a new XFS partition?
> 'Converting' a root filesystem is rather difficult, creating new
> partitions is a breeze. the XFS tools tarball comes with lots of xfs_*
> utilities.

 I have a couple of drives partitioned off... I know how to go through the
 whole mkfs thing... I think the problem I'm having is with the video modules
 I have installed.

 I was just wondering if there was some sort of software tool that can monitor
 the kernel and tell me when it's having problems and with what. {I guess
 that's what logs are for though, no? Still...} an instant fix would be nice...

> This is waay off-topic.

 It is about linux... and... it's about an SGI file system which makes
 it at least somewhat multimedia oriented...

 Fits under "linux audio" if nothing else. :}