Re: [linux-audio-user] delta44 and direct recording

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] delta44 and direct recording
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 18:23:10 EET

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 10:43:26AM -0500, Richard Seymour wrote:
> Also, thanks to the list for the good tips on what is necessary insofar
> as preamping. I have a sort of odd question though. I am aiming for a
> delta 44 or 66 sometime in the future, so I'll need balanced TRS (1/4
> plugs) for my mics. But right now, I'm micless (sold them to a friend)
> and want to get some. Problem is, right now I have an original tascam
> portastudio 424, which AFAIK doesn't take TRS plugs and definitely
> doesn't have xlr inputs. TRS can go into 'TS' just fine, right?

yes, if your need is to take a signal from the portastudio and
get it into the computer, just use a TS 1/4" cable.
most of my stuff is unbalanced and do this all the time,
it works fine. IIRC the deltas are designed to work
balanced or unbalanced, as is a lot of modern "prosumer" gear.

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com