Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANNOUNCE] tapiir-0.7.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANNOUNCE] tapiir-0.7.1
From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano (nando_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 21:38:32 EET

> > > This is not a bug, it's a feature. But you're right, at least a button to
> > > clear all buffers would be useful, and optionally on file change.
> >
> > That would be useful but I like the feature so make it optional if
> > possible. I was also thinking on live performance and wondering about
> > the possibility of midi control... if you had that maybe you could load
> > a set of patches and then select which one runs with a midi program
> > change command? (this would also be useful for freqtweak...) And link
> > controls to midi commands as in the case of jack-rack...
>
> A couple of things i'd like:
> variable randomise of the parameters
> slow transition between save states, with variable time

On more thing I thought would be useful when you are working with long
delay lines and feedback loops. A global slider that affects all
feedback coefficients at the same time. When it is "0" all feedback
coeffs are "0" (but still show their values in the gui - maybe
confusing). Whne it is "1" then all coeffs go back to their set values.
Useful to control feedback in realtime.

-- Fernando