Re: [linux-audio-user] Slightly OT

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Slightly OT
From: Joe Hartley (joe.hartley_AT_ingenta.com)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 01:11:03 EET

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003 18:38:01 +0700 (GMT-7)
"Darren Landrum" <consul_AT_studioconsul.net> wrote:
> The thing is, though, is that Ernie Ball is a relatviely small company,
> and making a complete switch (almost literally overnight) was not that
> difficult for them. Now what would happen if, say, HP got hit by millions
> in fines from the BSA (other than more layoffs...)? They wouldn't have the
> ready option of switching because they are too big of a company.
> Since most music companies are smaller (Yamaha being a notable exception),

Hmmm, I'd love to figure out how to sic the BSA on Sony, BMG, the RIAA,
and the MPAA. Is this the sort of thing they mean when they say two
wrongs make a right?

             Joe Hartley - Senior Unix Admin - Ingenta inc.
      111R Chestnut St., Providence, RI  02903 - cell 401.338.9214
              Joe.Hartley_AT_ingenta.com - AOL IM: JoeHartley