[linux-audio-user] Slightly OT

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Slightly OT
From: Jan \ (eviltwin69_AT_cableone.net)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 20:42:44 EET

        I know that there are quite a few musicians on this list so I thought
they might be interested in this (if they didn't already know about it).

        I was reading an article yesterday (I don't remember where) that was
talking about the BSA fining businesses for unlicensed software. Lo and
behold, the first business cited (for 8 unlicensed copies of M$) was
Ernie Ball/Music Man. Apparently they got stung for $90,000.00 US. The
article stated that Ernie Ball immediately switched to "open source" and
never looked back. Being a curious person, I sent an email to Ernie
Ball to find out what "open source" meant. The answer is Red Hat
Linux. It's nice to see a fairly large music business getting the
message.

        It appears that the BSA may be one of open source's biggest allies.

Jan