Re: [linux-audio-user] Microphone not working

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Microphone not working
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 12:11:14 EET

> Microphone 30 -16,000hz
> 2.2K Ohm

Could be the wrong impedance for your soundcard mic input. My mics are between
50-600 ohms, although I do use a mixer. Do you know this mic works for sure?

> So is there a way to increase the micropnones gain? with aumix settings
> on full and shouting only pruduces a tiny amount of sound.

Bear in mind that using more gain on the soundcard input will probably cause
noise. Ideally you want the mic to have a fairly high level output so that
not much pre-amping is needed. This is where battery-powered condenser mics
come in handy.

Cheers

Daniel