[linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] Jack gentoo ebuild

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] Jack gentoo ebuild
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 08:49:24 EET

Hi Jon,

A couple questions:

1. I was poking around in
/usr/portage/media-sound/ardour-cvs. Can I change
DEPEND=" <snip> media-sound/jack-cvs <snip>" To
"DEPEND=" <snip> media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit
<snip>" ?

If that's basically all it takes to get ardour-cvs to
build, I'll do it. Maybe I'll try before you reply and
if it blows up, not a biggie...this is my first stab
at gentoo and I'm enjoying the learning process.

I tend to update ardour very soon after CVS updates
appear. My objective isn't to strive for a stable work
environment. I'm more interested in testing and bug
reporting.

If I figure out how to modify my local .ebuild files,
I could provide you with feedback that could help keep
your ebuilds more current. Would this be helpful?

ron