[linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] Jack gentoo ebuild

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] Jack gentoo ebuild
From: Jon Ellis (ashura666_AT_mac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 00:52:13 EET

Hi Ron,

On Thursday, March 6, 2003, at 07:26 AM, R Parker wrote:

> Have you gotten a sense of whether anything is
> depending on (0.44.0) and consequently when you'd
> upgrade the dependencies for jack clients (ardour,
> qjackconnect, etc) from 0-44 to 0.50?

Everything i've tried with 0.50.0 has worked thus far. But, i've not
played with qjackconnect. I will do so when i next have some time to
spend on gentoo (probably this weekend.)

> Should I unmerge 0.50 and emerge 0.44? I'm anxious to
> move forward with building and tweeking my new gentoo
> box.

There is actually no 0.44 in portage. That version number is attached
to the cvs ebuild and needs to be updated. My advice would be to work
with the qjackdeveloper by submitting back traces for crashes against
the latest release (0.50.0).

Cheers

j.