Re: [linux-audio-user] ANN: swh-plugins 0.3.7

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ANN: swh-plugins 0.3.7
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 13:33:16 EET

> SC4 was meant to be switchable RMS/peak, but I forgot to add
> the code before releasing the first time.

ah - that would do it for drums, where the bass and snare peak levels are
always going to be relatively high. When mixing down our stuff, these are the
main cause of clipping - other than vocalists getting too close to the mic as
they reach the lung-bursting bit...

> Who said the're not Steve's Compressor ;)

I think it would be a fine name for the series, in the tradition of Barry's
Satan Maximiser. That one gave our drummer a good laugh! If people don't know
what SC sounds for, they'll probably never try one.

Is your plugin metadata thing able to categorise plugins by group in
application menus? That way you could have all the compressors together, all
the flangers, all the reverbs etc. Could be easier to find what you're
looking for than strict alphabetical order.

Cheers

Daniel