Re: [linux-audio-user] Audio routing software

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Audio routing software
From: kevin ernste (kevinernste_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 05:41:06 EET

> Has anyone encountered such routing issues ? Is
> there any program out there that already does more
> or less what I described ? Any thoughts or comments
> are greatly appreciated !

Kristof -

On room at the studio I administrate has three
machines (three OS's, actually...IRIX, Linux,
Windoze), as well as external hardware, some of which
wired out of the room for quiet recording, etc.

Every signal to and from the various harware is
controllable and independently routable 'per channel'
with a software mixer called TotalMix which runs on my
"DSP host" machine with a Hammerfall HDSP card
(running windows for now, I'm afraid). Any input can
be routed to any output, or any input can be routed to
all outputs simultaneously, etc.

There was talk on this list of a TotalMix port to
Linux, but I have not seen anything just yet. Here's
hoping!

Kevin