Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: LPs to CD - help with filters

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: LPs to CD - help with filters
From: James Tappin (james_AT_tappin.me.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 23:51:48 EET

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 23:56:12 -0500
Paul <thompson_AT_pobox.com> wrote:

> Reid Vail <rsv869_AT_adelphia.net>, on Sun Mar 09, 2003 [02:42:50 PM] said:
> > Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> >
> > >Have a look at gwc. It's designed for this process.
> > >
> > >http://gwc.sourceforge.net/
> > >
> > Thx for the quick response. I'll get it and review.
>
> Might check out gramofile too...
>
> http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/~costar/gramofile/

For declicking both are good, but GWC allows you to view the waveforms and
if need be remove clicks manually. Also GWC has denoising functions as
well. On the other hand Debian & SuSE both include gramofile in the
distribution.

James

--
James Tappin,             O__      "I forget the punishment for using
james_AT_tappin.me.uk       --  \/`    Microsoft --- Something lingering